Do I Need A Powered Air Purifying Respirator?
There’s a reason why so many workplaces are dependent on PAPRs – could a PAPR be right for you?
PAPR stands for Powered Air Purifying Respirator. It’s a respiratory protection device that uses a fan to deliver filtered air into a variety of different headgear and facepiece options. A PAPR is battery-powered and comes in many configurations to make sure the wearer is completely comfortable, regardless of the workplace or environment.
How do you know if a PAPR will benefit your workers? If you currently use disposable or reusable respirators, consider the following questions:
- Do workers wear a respirator and other PPE (like a face shield or hard hat) for more than half of their working day?
- Is facial hair compliance or fit testing a pain point in your PPE program?
- Do workers spend a lot of time in dusty environments, performing tasks like concrete cutting?
- Are any of your workers at risk of eye injuries? Have you had any issues with eye injuries in the past?
- Do workers complain about being hot while wearing a respirator?
If you answered yes to one of more of the above questions, a Powered Air Purifying Respirator might be an alternate solution to using disposable or reusable respirators that are used with other PPE devices like eyewear or hard hats.
Interested in learning more about PAPRs and getting a free demo?
3M offers no-charge demos of PAPRs (like the best-selling 3M™ Versaflo™ Powered Air Purifying Respirator TR-600) for qualifying customers. We also offer a free trade-in program for qualifying Canadian customers that allows you to receive up to a $400 trade-in allowance on the purchase of one new Versaflo™ TR-300 or Versaflo™ TR-600 Powered Air Purifying Respirator when you trade-in a used 3M or competitor Powered Air Purifying Respirator.
For more information, please visit 3M.ca/Safety or call our 3M Canada Safety Centre, based in Brockville, Ontario at 1-800-267-4414.